Thursday, May 1, 2008

Firefox 3 Beta 5

I have been testing the new Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 5 for about a week now, and I am very impressed. Typically, I wait until the final release to download and install, but after all the hype and good reviews it has been getting, I decided to try it out. Here is how I rated it:

Rating: 5/5, Excellent!

Favorite features/changes:
I really like how you can now go to the right end of the address bar and open up a small pop-up showing all bookmarking options, or just "star" it which does a quick bookmark of the page. The first bookmark on the "link bar" is now a folder called "Smart Bookmarks", and it shows you your most visited and recently bookmarked pages, and it updates automatically.

Overall, I think the biggest, most noticeable improvement is the bookmarking system and how it is incorporated into several places to make the feature more effective and easier to use. They also changed up the interface a little bit, but I am growing to like it.

For those who are familiar with Firefox 2, version 3 will be a must get once it is finalized (sometime this summer). For those feeling brave enough to try the last beta (beta 5), you can download Beta 5 here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html.

No comments: